Happy New Month. I love September. Mostly because it’s my birthday month. And my sister’s. And my brother’s. And John Wick’s. And Beyonce’s.
Do you share a birthday month with Beyonce? Will Smith? No? Sit down.
This awesome month, I am embarking on a 30-day blogging challenge, thanks to a group of amazing blogger friends who sadly, I haven’t seen in about two years. Still, we remain to be as close as we were, back in the day when we would go and enjoy free food and ‘drink’ M-Net’s A Thousand Island salad dressing, in the name of being Coke Studio Africa bloggers.
Today I am supposed to use one word to introduce myself, which I really don’t feel like doing, first because I am rebellious (there goes one word, haha), and secondly because I hate talking about myself. Heck, I can’t even stand the sound of a recording of myself speaking. So I am gonna twist it and list down 5 random things about myself.
1. I have a problem saying hi to people who I have been acquainted with in the past, whenever I meet them. Usually, when I see someone I know on the streets, I pretend to be very busy on my phone, or I just pass like I don’t even remember you. I don’t have a reason for it really, it just happens. Unless we are/were very close, in which case I will smile and happily hug you, then ask for your number which I will probably have lost since the last time we met.
2. I love buying heels, yet I haven’t worn heels in years. I still buy one pair of heels at least every 3 months.
3. Egg yolk makes me throw up. So I don’t eat eggs unless they are boiled. And even so, I carefully peel them to ensure that the yolk remains intact so that I can throw it away or give to anyone who cares for it, as I enjoy the egg whites.
4. Not a fan of reggae music.
5. I have done a lot of unthinkable and unspeakable things in my life. But really, hasn’t everyone? So, LIKE A PHOENIX I RISE, learning from my mistakes and moving forward.
Aaaand, that’s it! Now, I have to go into a meeting and act like I am very interested in the goings-on when I really just want to go home and sing along to nursery rhymes with my nephew.
P/S: BEDA means Blog Every Day. I see you, Miss Pepper.